Saturday, March 01, 2008

Sometimes we forget the most important questions

These last few days I have not been as strong as I have been or would like to be. I hover around different webpages which have given me inspiration, and later went blog hopping. I know i am supposed to be working, but there are times when I know the best thing to do is to just go with the flow. Need to hit bottom to the point where there’s no where else to go but up, and that’s exactly what I am doing.

As always, God showed me again how He answers our prayers, I came across this beautiful, blog, owned by an equally beautiful mother of two, called THE PAINTED HOUSE .
All her posts interest and amaze me. I relate to her, since I am also a single mother, but at this point in time, this post really struck a chord. Here is a link to her post:What is your unrelenting passion?

I wish I can be half as eloquent as her and as sure footed in this expedition through life on planet earth.

The questions laid out on this page of her blog made me rethink again about my life and my journey.
1. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
2. If you think life is hard, what are you comparing it to?
3. What do you pack to pursue a dream and what do you leave behind?
4. How would you introduce yourself to God?
5. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?
6. How many ways do you know to free yourself?
7. If you had 5 minutes to live, who would you call and why are you waiting?
8. If you don't have the things you want, are you grateful for the things you don't have that you didn't want?
9. What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?
10. Do you know where you are on your journey?


Among all the questions, I find question no.7 most urgent. Maybe if we live our life constantly asking these questions, there will be less regrets.

Thank you Jane. It is wonderful to find your blog.I hope we can be friends.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Thank you so much for honoring me this way. I'm always amazed when people say these sorts of things about me. Honestly, I feel like I'm always walking that tiny and fragile tightrope every day. I thought quite a bit about #7 as well. There is one old love that I would call if there was only 5 minutes left, but I still can't bear the thought of hearing his voice.

Happiest of Wednesdays to you!

xoxo
Jane

Mat Cendana said...

"I wish I can be half as eloquent as her"
Believe me, you are; in your way.

I'm finding the one below quite difficult to conceptualise (Maybe it's because I'm the "please put things STRAIGHT" kind and would miss subtleties, sophistication and such):

8. If you don't have the things you want, are you grateful for the things you don't have that you didn't want?

I'm giving a lot of thought to this one:
9. What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?

I definitely know what ONE VERY IMPORTANT thing is. Not gonna tell you;-)