Friday, January 20, 2006

I WANTED TO CHANGE THE WORLD


I miss writing in this blog so much, but i am so overwhelmed right now. There's the bread butter and jam to earn, there's the laundry to be done ( the never ending story), the brood to feed, the house to keep, the toilets and bathroom to clean, the tutorial responsibilities, and the army commando duties of screaming my lungs out to be done. So can we all just settle with things i picked out from the net, ie from my email..so here goes.
This is a little like me, you know..kinda relate to it.

I Wanted To Change The World
By Unknown Monk, 1100 A.D.

When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world.

I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation.

When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.


Sent to you as a courtesy of...
http://www.AsAManThinketh.net

BTW..A wonderful woman and friend visited me earlier today..Rachel..she is truly the epitome of strength and wisdom..if you read this, Moby, i want you to know that you really are the most wonderful person i know, through all the adversities, you shine through like a beacon, and i love you. Thank you for being a friend, even though in terms of social standing we are miles apart. :-)

2 comments:

Chorwin said...

I liked rainbow... Thank for the great photo!!!

Mat Cendana said...

It took a while, but I was finally led to the page and have downloaded the book. Will read it tomorrow - and also the rest of your 2006 posts. Have to go to bed now...

- Pasir Mas, 26 Dec 2008