Friday, January 01, 2010

2010 - Why resolutions don't work- figured


2010 = the first decade of the new millenium. An advent of a new era symbolised by a bluemoon and an eclipse on its threshold. I choose to look at it as something wonderous..a magnificent dance of the universe.

I have been told since I was old enough to understand that the begining of a new year is the time to make resolutions. Ever since that time, which was probably when I was in primary school, I have made many resolutions and busted, say... 80% of the them. Every single time. But persevere I did..in fact as I grew older and 'wiser' I went out and bought books to help me keep my resolutions. But guess what..i still busted them..to a point that I don't believe, not only in making resolutions, but worse..i didn't believe in myself.

2010 - I still don't believe in resolutions, but I LOVE AND BELIEVE IN MYSELF :). And this has made me a very HAPPY person.

Here is my take on why resolutions don't work and what we need to do is NOT make resolutions..but flow and attract what is already ours, which actually is not really ours (ok now i am confusing you before I even begin). This is the cornerstone of the Law of Attraction so often heard ..but also too highly simplified, more often than not for commercial gains

My take on why resolutions don't work is because:

* The world we live in is not real..it is a hologram. Everything is created in our brain...hence we can mold it with our thoughts

and as such;

* We are not in this world; but this world is in us which goes hand in hand with ==>
we are spiritual beings living temporarily in a physical world.

* in the end, we are energy..

This understanding does NOT negate the existence of God, Allah, Source or whatever that you are conditioned to name it..but affirms His Omnipotence, Omniscience and Omnipresence. It is the only way I can make sense of the all pervading nature of "God"

Holding on to this principles, life flows smoothly. Everything experienced is accepted with gratitude, knowing that it is all for my highest good. What I wish for, or what that permeates my desire, which replaces 'resolutions' is my purpose from God or Source..and in that manner I procreate. And LIFE becomes GOOD.

I attribute my findings first to Harun Yahya's research and writings, particularly through his books THE LITTLE MAN IN THE TOWER and MATTER: THE OTHER NAME FOR ILLUSSION

And then what propelled me further was the Secret by Linda Byrnes and even before that I was already reading Deepak Chopra, Debbie Ford, and later Wayne Dyer, Parahamsa Yogananda, Don Miguel Ruiz.

So now I don't make resolutions..I pro create..and I love my life. Come join me..

4 comments:

Jane said...

For the longest time, I didn't believe in myself; patterns from since I was a child. But lately, I am happy with my journey and knowing that God is here with me and that everything is perfect just as it is right now. And when the time is right, the next part of my path will be revealed. Happy New Year and I look forward to blogging more with you in 2010!

ummi said...

Thank you Jane for visiting. Reading your blog gives me hope that this journey is perfect, it is just a matter of shifting our perspective and seeing it as just that.

Mat Firestone said...

"So now I don't make resolutions..I pro create..and I love my life. Come join me.. "

Would love to - if I could only understand what this is! Ah, never mind; no need to try explain to me at this moment with my spiritual level the lowest since August 2005.

ummi said...

Mat,
It took years for me to understand this. But I know this is the key to finding peace and to know that everything is well, because really, everything IS. At the core of ourselves we know it, but we have been conditioned to doubt through our fixation with the material world..what we refer as 'reality'..I am hoping to post some more..may that be my purpose and I flow with it :)